I'd like to make a correction regarding our statement about Organic Pastures supplying us with RAW milk, colostrum and cream. After I'd written the Organic Pastures sells fantastic Raw Cream article, my wife noticed that some of the Organic Pastures labels bore the RAW-USA symbol but not the USDA Organic symbol. I've now spoken to Organic Pastures and was told that they're having new labels printed that also bear the USDA Organic label. So it is now our understanding that Organic Pastures sells ORGANIC raw milk, colostrum and cream.
The RAW-USA Certification. Organic Pastures has also created its own designation for milk products — RAW USA — and I'm told that, while their products are organic, they're above the USDA Organic classification for 100% Organic products. See the RAW-USA Comparison Chart, which contrasts conventional, USDA Organic and RAW-USA standards. It's an eye-opener.
How you can get above one hundred percent? I don't know! What I do know is that I'm now sure that the product we are consuming is GOOD for us, say, one hundred and ten percent. I might reiterate that Organic Pastures products do not contain hormones or antibiotics.
Organic Pastures obtains their milk from Holstein and Jersey cows that are grass fed. These cattle walk the pastures and are milked in the pastures, not in some cement stall. Their cows are well taken care of.
The benefits of organic raw milk, colostrum and cream
There are many benefits to raw milk, colostrum and cream. Some are:
- children are more resistant to Tuberculosis,
- can prevent scurvy and protects against the flu, diphtheria and pneumonia.
- prevents tooth decay even in children who eat a lot of sugar.
- With children, promotes growth and calcium absorption.
- children who drink raw milk have fewer allergic skin problems and far less asthma than children who drink pasteurized milk.
- And for all us older people, there's a substance that is in raw cream (that is not contained in pasteurized cream) which helps prevent joint stiffness and the pain of arthritis.
For more information, visit the RealMilk.com Site Map and go to
» In Focus » BROCHURES » A Campaign for Real Milk
(Note that it's an Adobe Acrobat PDF file.)
Organic Pastures sells their milk, colostrum and cream in California
They deliver all over California. All you have to do is go to their website at OrganicPastures.com and search their site for the nearest store location. I'm told they'll even ship to other states. Overall, this trend of bringing organic raw milk, colostrum, cream and cheese to the market is something I hope we continue, because we need more healthy kids, as well as healthy big kids, like me.
I'm of the opinion that Organic Pastures should have on their label (all their labels), very clearly: 100% Organic, as well as their RAW USA designation, and point out that RAW USA is above USDA Organic standards. That way there is no confusion or hesitation, I might add, with plucking these dairy products right out of the refrigeration unit at the nearest health food store and adding them to your offline shopping cart! Yeah?
- Organic Pastures sells fantastic Raw Cream
- On our impending loss of Organic Pastures Dairy and organic raw milk in California
- Organic Fats: my opinion on organic food and ice cream
- Organic Ice Cream Update
- SB 201: clarifying production standards for raw milk
- Healthy ice cream versus conventional ice cream
- Organic Ice Milk
5 Comments for "Organic Pastures Raw Milk, Colostrum and Cream are above Organic standards"
Share your thoughts:
Comments from first-time posters will be held for moderation (but are appreciated). Comments containing disrespect, foul language, disrespect, or that violate common sense or courtesy will be deleted. If your name is a bunch of keywords, your comment will be deleted. ;) We value your privacy (you must be 18 or older to post).
To make a long dash (—), type three hyphens and our software will convert it.